- About Siena Italian Studies
- Accreditation & Certification
- Educational Approach
- Siena Semester Program
- Siena Summer Program
- Multi Destination Programs
- European Students
- Customized Opportunities
- Contact Us
Siena Italian Studies can create a wide range of opportunities for European students. Here is an example that is one of our most popular programs for European students. Keep in mind that modifications can be made to this so don’t hesitate to contact us!
Italian language course (45 hours)
Siena Italian Studies provides Italian language courses courses Italian for any level of Italian proficiency. At the end of the course students will take the CILS exam and receive the Internationally recognized CILS certification. All books and didactic material is provided to all students by the program.
Reflective writing course
The objective is to create a reflective awareness that allows the student to open himself/herself to the world without getting lost, to discover the confines of his own culture interacting with that of the host culture, to see reality from different perspectives and to feel common ties of humanity under the flow of apparent differences.
All students enrolled at SIS take the reflective writing class. The class meets once a week during which the students submit weekly entries concerning their studies and their overall experience/service and share them with their peers. Class is led by the reflective writing instructor who serves as a bridge between the two cultures by facilitating the students’ process of decoding and encoding all cultural signs.
All participating students will be provided with a transfer from Pisa airport to Siena. Each session begins with an orientation session and a welcome cocktail for all students. The following is a list of activities:
Siena Italian Studies staff is happy to organize extra activities for students. Please inquire about prices for the following optional activities.
Siena Italian Studies is specialized as a full immersion program. For this reason we believe that the best option for our students is to experience local culture by living with local host families. However, there is an option for European students to live in apartments as well.
The host family option includes:
* Host families will provide lunch on the weekends if students are in Siena but they do not provide lunches during the week. SIS provides the option for lunch coupons that are valid Mon-Fri at two local cafes near the school. This option is 120€ / month. Students can also choose to explore the many options in Siena and eat on their own.
The private apartment option includes:
* SIS can help locate an apartment for any participating students. However SIS does not own private apartments nor does the program have agreements with local owners or B & B operators. Prices and locations may vary for private apartments.